(June 12, 2018, posted in West Vancouver Strata)
West Vancouver townhome inventory, availability is limited compared to North Vancouver. As a result of insufficient townhome sale activity a monthly MLS House Price Index, HPI, bench mark prices cannot be produced.
In May there were 2 WV townhome sales in the $900,000 to $1,499,999 price band. End of May townhome active listings included:
- 1 in the $400,000 to $699,999 range,
- 7 in the $900,000 to $1,4... read more.
(June 10, 2018, posted in West Vancouver Strata)
In West Vancouver, total apartment sales were down 22% from May 2017.
May sale price bands included:
- 2 sales in the $200,000 to $399,999 range,
- 3 " " $400,000 to $899,999 range,
- 7 " " $900,000 to $1,499,999 range,
- 4 " " $1,500,000 to $1,999,999 range,
- 4 " " $2,000,000 to $2,999,999 range and
- 1 " " $4,000,000 to $4,999,999 range.
New listings rose 60.5% from May 2017 and up 34.5% from the 10 Year Monthly N... read more
(May 14, 2018, posted in West Vancouver Strata)
West Vancouver townhome sales this April were down 86% from April 2017 and down 75% from the 10 Year Monthly Sale Average.
At any time West Vancouver strata options are limited in contrast to North Vancouver. For example, last year West Vancouver strata sale activity accounted for 32% of 756 property sales (includes houses, townhomes and apartments) compared to 61% for North Vancouver's 2,684 of wh... read more
(May 10, 2018, posted in West Vancouver Strata)
Demand for all West Vancouver and North Vancouver property types (homes, apartments and townhomes) has pulled back this year as a result of recent:
- federal changes to mortgage qualification requirements and increased interest rates;
- provincial government introduction of a speculation tax, increase of property transfer and foreign buyer taxes.
West Vancouver total apartment sales this April was down 9... read more
(March 25, 2018, posted in West Vancouver Strata)
In West Vancouver buyer apartment activity dipped while inventory levels have increased.
February apartment sales were down 48% from the month before and 20% below February 2017 however year-to-date sales are up 25% from 2017. The month of February 12 sales were 25% below the 10 year monthly average of 15.
New listings increased 94.5% and total active listings to month-end were up 28.5%. February sa... read more