Comparing the first half of this year with the first half of last year, North Shore property sale numbers and median sale price realized gains.
- · sales are up +25.4% for detached homes, townhomes up + 22.3% and apartments up +11.4%; and
- · median sale price increased +17.6% for detached homes, townhomes up+3.9% and apartments weakened -1.8%.
- · sales improved +24.6% for detached homes, townhomes up +17.3% and apartments up +21.8%; and
- · median sale price strengthened +12.8% for detached houses, townhomes up +5.4% and apartments up +1.9%.
Have a look at 2014 first six month trend for North Shore sale numbers compared to the past six years:
North Shore continues to survive for the time being on rising prices.
West Vancouver median sale price for the first six months of 2014 compared to 2009:
- $2,120, 000 detached homes up +76.7%;
- $1,290,000 townhomes up +26.2% (since 2010 as not enough sales in 2009); and
- $775,000 apartments up +34.8%.
- $1,067,500 detached homes up +39.5%
- $659,000 townhomes up +21.8%; and
- $377,000 apartements up +16.9%.
Check out the graphs below showing the interesting past six years trend of half year median sale price for detached homes, townhomes and apartments.
As we move into the second half of 2014, all indications are the North Shore will continue to have strong sale activity and increasing values not unlike other Canadian urban centres such as Toronto and Calgary. Meanwhile, real estate analysts foresee 'an inevitable Canadian housing price correction'...read more. And then to put a twist to the housing market skeptics, here is a take on the upside of a housing correction, that is, 'it would simply not be a negative event for everyone'...read more.