Detached home sale activity in West Vancouver in November was down slightly, 18.18% compared to the same month last year, 10% lower than Multiple Listing Service (MLS®) sales processed in October and 10% lower than the year-to-date average.
This is the time of the year we typically expect to see a decrease in sale activity as folks focus more on holiday festivities, nonetheless, overall 2014 is shaping up to be a good year for West Vancouver detached home sales! The 765 home sales year-to-date (January to November) is already exceeding
- 2013's 758 total,
- 2012's 596 total, and
- 6 year annual average total of 725.
- down 10.56% from the month before,
- down 3.63% from November 2013 and
- down 14.77% compared to the year-to-date average (467).
In contrast to North Vancouver's consistent sellers' market conditions throughout the year West Vancouver has been edging in balanced territory. 1.6 in 10 West Vancouver homes sold in November, a 16% Sale Ratio average (SRA) which was above the year-to-date 14% SRA.
$1.980,000 West Vancouver detached house median selling price for November was
- down 10% from the month before,
- up 5.03% from November 2013,
- down 6.11% from the year-to-date median price average of $2,108,795 and
- up 65% from November 2005's $1,200,000!