North Vancouver's residential market continues to see elevated demand from property buyers with gains in home values depending on the neighborhood and property type.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) reports that in July, North Vancouver
- Detached House sales totaled 117, down approximately -25% from June, up +6% from July 2014 and up +29% from the Ten Year Monthly Average of 91 detached home sales;
- Townhome sales totaled 36, down -33% from June, up +16% from June 2014 and up +29% from the Ten Yearly Monthly Average of 28 townhome sales; and
- Apartments sales totaled 128, up +5% from June, up +73% from July 2014 and up +66% from the Ten Year Monthly Average of 77 apartment sales.
Over the past seven months, North Vancouver sales peaked in
- March with 188 detached home sales versus 117 in July;
- March with 55 townhome sales versus 36 in July; and
- March with 141 apartment sales verus 128 in July.
March to date has been the busiest month for sales for all North Vancouver residential property types. In spite of less sale activity North Vancouver Median Sale Prices continue to make gains.
- $1,300,000 for a Detached Home in July versus $1,102,900 a year ago;
- $691,950 for a Townhome versus $660,000 July 2014; and
- $384,500 in July for an Apartment versus $376,250 same month in 2014.
Today's residential activity continues to put North Vancouver detached house market, townhome and apartment all in the upper reaches of a sellers' real estate market.
Buying into North Vancouver's residential market, to get an advantage, have 'all your ducks in a row'. Here is a visual to convince you to act on this advise if you'd like to make Vancouver's North Shore community, North Vancouver home!