In West Vancouver 15 January detached house sales were
- down 28.5% from same month a year ago,
- down 50% from the month before, December 2017 and
- down 76% from the 10 year monthly sales average.
The 441 WV homes actively listed for sale at the end of this January was
- up 14.5% from January 2017,
- up 2% from December and
- down 10% from the 10 year month inventory average.
WV January new listing totals, 136, was
- down 17.5% from January 2017,
- popped up 288.5% from December and
- down 3.5% from the 10 year monthly new listings average.
Last six months of 2017 West Vancouver's detached house market was holding in Buyer Market conditions. Buyers in WV's detached market faced less competition and had much more selection to choose. Will this trend continue in 2018?
Furthermore, how will January new mortgage regulations and BC's government February unveiling of its Home for BC plan in its 2018 budget impact our local detached house market?
What are your thoughts?