prepare your home for sale
Minor exterior and interior improvements can add value to your home and need not require a large renovation bill. Think back to what first attracted you to your home; now determine how best to highlight and improve your home's best features.
Here are a few ideas to help you perk-up your home's appearance. Consult with your June to see what types of improvements make the most sense.
Start with the outside: The outside of your home is the first thing Buyers see. Make a good impression. Step back and take an objective look at the exterior of your home. How can you make the exterior more inviting to ensure that potential buyers will inspect the interior. Review the following suggestions:
- Keep lawns and gardens well maintained;
- Remove dead tree limbs and other yard debris;
- Enliven your landscape with fresh plantings of shrubs or flowers;
- Arrange outdoor items neatly; put away lawn equipment;
- Ensure garage and porch areas are free of clutter and refuse;
- Repair loose house siding or pavement;
- Replace any damaged roof shingles, eaves troughs, down spouts or window screens and cracked windows;
- Wash windows, gutters, mailbox and doors;
- Clean gutters and down spouts;
- Clean and neatly arrange the garage or shed;
- Make certain the gas grill is ready for use, especially in season;
- Maker certain the entry light and doorbell work;
- Inspect the condition of your fence and repair or paint if needed;
- Secure loose shutters or awnings.
- Ensure kitchen and bathrooms are sparkling clean;
- Repair dripping facets, shower heads and remove water stains;
- Repair and clean caulking around tubs, sinks and toilets;
- Wax floors, steam clean or replace carpets if necessary;
- Thoroughly clean every room in the house, removing all clutter;
- Re-paint dingy walls or kitchen cabinets with a neutral color;
- Replace worn or outdated counter tops and cracked light-switch plates;
- If you have not sprayed (or "bombed") for bugs lately, now is a good time;
- Fix sticking doors and windows, squeaking doors and loose stair banisters
- Organize closets and remove clutter; limit the number of items stored overhead or on the floor;
- Organize the contents of the kitchen cabinets and remove clutter from kitchen counter tops;
- Organize the basement and attic so that they appear as spacious and neat as possible. Discard anything you are not taking with you.
- Launder draperies, blinds and curtains if necessary;
- Arrange furniture so that the room appears as spacious as possible;
- Remove any items (like chandeliers, coordinating drapes, mirrors) that won't be included in the sale of the home.
- As a courtesy to buyers, leave the house while the June is conducting a showing;
- Keep pets out of the way, preferably out of your house during the showing;
- Ensure that every room is tidy, well aired and adequately lit;
- Put away Don't keep money, jewelery and small valuables in plain sight during a showing;
- Open drapes to maximize natural light;
- Keep all stairways and hallways clear;
- Use finishing touches like fresh flowers and candles.
Mobile: 604-828-7888 Phone: 604-925-2911 Fax: 1-866-462-6589 Email: email@example.com